Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sometimes there is rain.


I moved to California under the impression that it was the Golden State due to its sunny nature. Then I found out that it's only named this because the grass all dies in the summer due to lack of rain, and so the hills literally appear "gold"--or so someone thought. This statement reminds me of how green Greenland is, not that I've been.





We've been caught in a few days of rain. Today it appeared gorgeous this morning, and I believed that it would remain this way all day (especially since we had a reprieve yesterday). Regardless, I was wrong, and I rode my bike home in the rain. While some might find this dirty and cold, which it was; it was also incredibly fun, and it made me feel alive.




Also, the city has recently revealed that it isn't all chilly, bleak, rainy days. These are a few shots I've taken with my iphone.

3 comments:

bri said...

It's so fun that you blog now!

Robin said...

those are pretty good photos for an iphone!

Unknown said...

Nice pictures. I approve of the muddy bike ride.