Monday, December 1, 2014

From the Land of the Extremes to the Land of a Nearly Singular Season. (CHI-->OAK)

Adventure persists: I've moved again! Now in Oakland, CA, I am taking up residence with old friends. I live with a PT and a consultant who lead extremely physically and intellectually active and intentional lives. It's challenging me to do the same, and I feel intermittently successful. :)

My primary motivation for moving is professional growth and development. I am working for Amy Selinger at Back to Life (more about ME!) part time in San Francisco and will soon work one day/week in Oakland. I am also working on marketing our business as well as my own--I'm also working part time out of my home as a PT/fitness instructor/health coach. I have joined Twitter and I'm still trying to understand its most useful capacity. You can follow me @DrJManley. I plan to start a blog to talk about things that might be helpful for others. Any specific ideas?

My secondary motivation for the move was to entice myself to continue growth in other areas: respectful, intentional relationships; nurturing my nature-loving side; conserving (CA is in a drought after all) to preserve what nature has given; basically, as I become an adult (since I'm 30 now), I'm structuring my life around my passion (my career) while also giving myself the best opportunities to explore the other ends of life.

I love life as I reacquaint myself with new surroundings, yet again. Will I ever find my home?

1 comment:

Sakira said...

Just love your article.I do continuously look over your web site for brand spanking new articles.I am recently acting on associate app how to install spotify premium apk thats going awe-inspiring and special because of you 🙂