Friday, June 27, 2008

A Night in Reno.

Does this sum up the experience of Reno? It's questionable...Megan and I are still wondering if "Pasties" is REALLY the word that was supposed to be used on this sign. Regardless, we were finally closing on our destination for the evening: Reno. We discussed driving on through to Tahoe, but with the dust storm that took over the afternoon, we decided that we were ready to settle. The dust DID finally clear, and it opened up to be a beautiful sky (see the picture Megan took of the clouds).


















Somewhere along the way, I decided that I couldn't really wait to pee. The rest stops are few and far between in the desert, so we stopped at an "exit" that literally led nowhere. The road stopped after about 30 yards of the exit ramp, so I just pulled off and jumped out. I didn't even turn the car off. However, Megan surprise attacked me with the camera...

Eventually, we made it to Reno and found a Days Inn off the interstate. It was to be our first hotel room together--moderately exciting!!!












So, to celebrate, we did some awesome diving onto the bed and photographed it. If you are able to zoom in on my face in the picture where I'm cross-legged, you will find a Jessica face full of pure fear. What was I scared of? It's unclear. In the first picture of Megan diving, I hope that you will notice her resemblance to Kevin Bacon. I hope you are smiling broadly if not laughing. We had a good time in Reno, all in all:)

1 comment:

_CiCi said...

JAM i'm so glad i stalk you enough to be reading this.
all these posts are amazing.. but i just wanted to say that cornish pasties is correct-- it's some british thing where they fill this calzone like thing with meat & veggies & whatever else those nutso brits like... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_pasty

haha. i miss you!!!! glad to hear you are doing well though. keep the posts up :)